Friday 25 September 2015

How to fix your broken powder!!

Welcome back!

That highlight!


So I recently posted my first blog and I just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who read my post! It really means a lot! So for my second post I thought I would give you an amazing tip on ALL your broken powders that you may of dropped. This means anything in powder form! So if your'e interested in doing a DIY job on your makeup then keep reading!

So I recently dropped my all time favourite highlighter Mac 'soft and gentle'. To say I was devastated is an understatement as I had only bought it and retailing at 30 euro I was not buying another so I needed a quick fix. After loads of research I found something so easy that I had to try and I'm so happy I did!

Firstly your'e going to need:
  • Your broken powder
  • Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) 
  • One small plastic bag
  • Knife and spoon
  • PATIENCES
PS. Vodka, nail varnish remover will NOT work. Rubbing alcohol will only work as it will dry out fast and can be bought in any chemist or salon supply stores.




  1. After you have your area set up (prepare for mess) take your broken powder and pour in any of the loose powder that is mostly likely in lumps into the plastic sandwich bag.
  2. Next step is to scrap out any of the remaining powder that will be left around the edges leaving no waste!! And again the remainder is going into the same sandwich bag.
  3. Clean out your compact using sanitiser (salvon and water) or any anti-bacterial soap to ensure your new powder will be going into a clean compact.
  4. This step is really important, close the sanwich bag that you poured your powder into and gently press a spoon down onto the enclosed powder. Do this until your powder is lump free and smooth! It should almost look like dust!
  5. Open your bag and you can either pour the powder into your compact OR use a spoon to pick up the powder and pour it in, I like to use the spoon as it makes less mess and gathers nicely in the middle of the compact.  
  6. Again use the spoon or knife to press out any lumps you may of missed and spread around the compact.
  7. This is where your rubbing alcohol comes to play, pour one cap full into the middle of your powder and mash it up, add another cap full and mash a second time. After this step your ccompact should look like a liquid foundation but thick in consistancy.
  8. Smooth out using a knife or spoon
  9. Leave open to set and dry out! This may take an hour or longer, the longer you leave to set the better!
  10. Once you think it is dry place a cotton pad or tissue onto the powder gently to ensure all moisture is gone.
  11. CONGRATULATIONS I hope you're as happy as I was! Your powder should be 100% useable again 



  Can you believe how easy that is? I hope this has helped you fix all your favourite makeup products and as I said this will work for ANY powder product! If you decide to give this a go let me know how you get on as I would love some feedback! That's it for today DIY tip I hope you all enjoyed it! Thanks for reading :) 
Until next time
Janat  
X

No comments:

Post a Comment