Another week done and dusted. I thought today being a Monday everyone would need a little pick me up from the weekend (if you're like me and miss the weekend as soon as its gone), So with that being said I thought today I would blog about making your very own face masks from bits and pieces lying around your kitchen!
Lets get started...
So skincare for me is very important, looking after your skin should be something we all do even if you're male!! Many people complain in later years about how poorly their skin may be and this can be prevented so easily by using all your necessary products ie. Face wash, moisturiser, exfoliant, SPF and of course face masks!! Alternative options include facial machines but these options are fit better for skin aged 20 up.. (If you would like a blog on facial machines let me know!)
Because there are so many skin types doing I am going to provide ingredients for all skin types and how to mix your product.
**You will need a small bowl, face mask brush and a spoon or knife to mix products**
Firstly cleanse and exfoliate your skin for these skins to penetrate deep into the dermis of the skin.
- One banana
- One tablespoon of honey
- One beaten egg
- Mash your banana up until soft, add honey with your beaten egg. Push through a sieve to ensure there are no lumps and apply to the face and neck. Leave to work on your face for 10-15 minutes.
- This mask will help moisturise and soften your skin using all natural ingredients.
- One egg yolk
- Almond oil (3-5 drops)
- Mix mask together and apply thinly to the face and neck. Leave for 10 minutes.
- This masks will help descimate dead skin cells (dry patches) and refine skin texture leave it soft and silky.
Dry skin type 2
- Two tablespoons of oats
- Half cup of milk
- Two teaspoons of elderflower water (toxin free, can be bought in chemists)
- Mix oats and milks together and heat in a pot or microwave until soft, Remove from the heat and add elderflower water then mix all ingredients together. Apply to the face and leave to work it's magic for 15-20 minutes.
- This mask will help deep cleanse and refine the skin which will also leave it soft and silky.
- One egg yolk
- Lemon juice (3-4 drops)
- Mix together and apply to the face (do so with care as this mask will be drip)
- This mask will tighten and stimulate the skin, will also have a mild bleaching effect with antispeptic agents, therefore darker skins must take care using this mask. Leave sit for 5-10 minutes.
Greasy/oily skin type 2
- Half a cucumber
- Freash orange juice or lemon juice
- Mash the cucumber until soft and mix with juice you choose. Apply to the face between two pieces of gauze. Leave to sit for 15-20 minutes.
- This mask will tone and refine skin texture.
Above are 5 different face mask ingredients for 3 different skin types. Don't forget you can apply different masks to different areas for those of you with a combination skin! Don't forget to moisturise AFTER your face mask to complete the routine!
These masks are super easy and take as little as 5 minutes to prepare. Applying these before your bath have the ultimate relaxing effect *tip- 2-3 drops of lavender oil will make the body and mind relax even further*
I hope this blog post was useful for all reading, making face mask's is one of my favourite things to do especially when its this easy and cheap! I rope everyone around me into doing them (including my boyfriend).
I will soon do a blog post on my favourite commercial but for now.. HAPPY DIY!!!
See you soon,
Follow me on other social media for upcoming competitions